A Few years ago I used to run a nonprofit youth organization. Because of this I would need to request parents contact information. Some of the names blew my mind.
At this moment I realized people need help! Are they angry do they not know any better? I mean really “[email protected]—.com”, “[email protected]–.com”. I mean really? These were some of the toppers. Then there is the “[email protected]–.com” and probably my favorite “[email protected]—.com”. I mean we weren’t playing baseball?
So here is my five tips for creating a good email address:
1. Make it meaning file to you.
2. Keep it less then 15characters prior to the @ symbol. **unless it is your actual name.
3. Minimize use of “-“, “.”, “_” as they can lead to confusion.
4. Register a domain when possible
5. Refrain from hate speech in the email name.
More tips to come soon! Leave a comment and tell me the strangest email address you have run into.
(Disclaimer: Some of the links contained in this post are affliate links. See the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)